Awhile back I started making cold brewed coffee and it was, at the time, the best coffee ever. It is way smoother tasting and somehow less bitter (and easier on the tummy for those of you who have problems with that). Well boy was I in for a wild ride when I later discovered this recipe. I have never tasted anything so good, ever! I must warn you that this coffee is addicting... I have to ration it out and restrain myself from drinking all of it in one day (which I maybe did once and could barely see straight at the end of the day). Also, cold brewed is wayyy more potent than other methods of making coffee.
Recipe: Iced Coffee (world's most delicious)
- 2/3 cups of course ground coffee
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a jar; stir and let sit covered in fridge overnight.
- The next day pour coffee into a french press (my preferred method!) or strainer (or the morning my french press broke, coffee filters taped to the top of a jar). Then pour the strained/pressed coffee back into your rinsed out jar for storage.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour coffee over.
- Add a splash of milk/cream if desired (and trust me, it's desired). I like to use this creamer, its wonderful.