- Mug shots of some of the many volunteer civil rights activists who rode interstate buses into the segregated South in 1961 sourced from Breach of Peace: Portraits of the 1961 Mississippi Freedom Riders.
"We decided that we were going to take up the freedom ride. There was no second thought really...We met with [The Nashville Christian Movement] and told them what what we wanted to do. Of course they felt it would be too dangerous, and told us not come. We were calling him not to get permission, but to tell them we were coming."—Catherine Burks-Brooks (photo top right).-
Photo and excerpt via Tomboy Style
Okay, all of that has nothing to do with this post, it will be a random mash-up of thoughts and tid bits.
We were supposed to leave for Portland on Sunday afternoon... and we are STILL here. It turns out we underestimated packing a little bit, as well as were just super busy. Portland isn't going anywhere, so we aren't stressed out or anything, spirits are still high! The good news is we are leaving tonight, finally! It is sort of surreal leaving here and our now empty house, this was our first/only house we've lived in since getting married.
So after our 46 hour drive, followed by getting settled into a new house (and first finding said house, ha!) here are some things you can expect around these parts:
- I have been researching screen printing/ received supplies for Christmas, so expect fun new things involving that to be for sale
- Lots of posts involving Portland places/ Portland friends
- More photography! I feel like I have been letting that fall to the wayside even though it is one of my favorite things
- The very VERY beginning stages of making wedding dresses (!!)
- More diy posts (It may be too late, but you will want to find some after Christmas clearance clear ball ornaments!!)
- More recipe posts! I am in DESPERATE need of eating healthier, I practically fall asleep dreaming of vegetables and miso soup ( I sing a song anytime I make/think about/eat miso soup, it involves the words "oh miso soupy"... I am a five year old)
- Oh, and new dress designs! I've got crazy plans of linens and pin tucks and much more
I hope you all are doing just great and I apologize for the long and rambling post!